Monday, November 3, 2014

...and just like that, we're swept into the darkness and rains of autumn; it always seems to happen while I wasn't paying attention for, oh, I don't know, a minute or two. Yes, yes, thankful I am for this rain which descends like a magic everywhere-waterfall from the sky, turning the gutters into little rivers that carry away October's red leaves like tiny ships, gone, gone, gone to November. At night the rains pelts the slanted roof just inches above my head, and I go to sleep with the lullaby of it, snugged-in among pillows and quilts, hoping to wake to one of the cats at my feet.


2 comments:

  1. It rained here in Los Angeles on Friday night for the first time in months and months -- it had been so long that it was almost creepy.

    ReplyDelete
  2. It's almost as if we live next door. I have been listening to the rain all night, and can now hear it outside. The cat's just come in..... WET.

    ReplyDelete