Thursday, April 24, 2014

Excessive, Spectacular Pink



My front yard is like an over-lit neon sign at the moment, shamelessly and incessantly shouting out "pollinate me! Pollinate me!"

Honestly. I want to move in to the pink dogwood tree. I want to live there, among those flat-petaled blossoms. I want to feel them on my face, my arms, all over and at all times of the day and night.  And when the wind picks up, like it did today, a fierce April wind with a razor-chill to it, I want to hang on like everything hinges on the hanging-on, because in a way, everything really does hinge on this.

I'm hanging on.
It's pink, and I'm hanging on.

2 comments:

  1. Oh I love this! Pink dogwoods, yes! I was wondering if by the title I was about to find a 21st-century rock anthem here... Lovely front yard blooms instead!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Quite the come-on, eh Michelle? (Your comment made me giggle.)

      Delete