Wednesday, April 21, 2010

Bright Star

Ahhhh.....we experienced a few hours of heaven last night when we watched Bright Star, a 2009 film about the poet John Keats and his muse Fanny Brawne. Although rated PG, it literally drips with sensuality -- this is possibly as much sex you can experience in a movie with only some hand-holding and a few fairly chaste kisses. Directed by Jane Campion, every scene is a feast, from the costumes to the sets and, of course, the poetry. I've been in a swoon all day, a Keatsian hangover, if you will, a Jane Campion hangover. It's available on Netflix. Get it.

5 comments:

  1. Or, as we say about builders, 'a thing of beauty is a joy for two weeks'.

    Good film. Bisou, Cro.

    ReplyDelete
  2. A Campion-Keats hangover is indeed the best! I loved this, as well.

    ReplyDelete
  3. willow, I think it was a mention on your blog which prompted me to get this!

    ReplyDelete
  4. The costumes prompted me to get this one and now I can't stop thinking about that little jacket crochet (?) she wore.
    a visual feast that was.

    ReplyDelete