Friday, February 12, 2010

Buoyant

I understand why people go to resorts and don't leave.
The only travel we did today was on foot, to a shopping
area down the beach. Other than that, I swam from pool
to pool and got knocked down by a wave. Crazy massive
wave. There was sand in my ears after that. (And in my
mouth and under my swimsuit. Go figure.) That was the
extent of my Ocean Water Adventure. I haven't been
swimming for some time, and it felt damn good.
In the pool, I mean. The ocean was less than placid.
I like placid. Floating. I like to float. My brain
is afloat. How in hell did it take me five decades
to cross the Pacific and arrive in this Eden?
I was busy trying to stay afloat in all the ways
that don't include water. And I've never been
a particularly strong swimmer.

BUT HERE I AM.
Woot!

3 comments:

  1. I am not a good swimmer either. But I love to go to the seaside.

    ReplyDelete
  2. you are in an ENTIRELY different world from mine...
    To everything there is a season... and all that stuff!

    ReplyDelete
  3. i hope you rented out your home to Olympic spectators. make some money while you're gone...

    ReplyDelete