Tuesday, September 29, 2009

Have I atoned? Do I deserve any more?

___


I went to yoga tonight.
It's been a while since I took a class.
I felt old.
Ancient.
Sweaty and galumphy.
And all those nimble young things
in their clingy knits contorting their limbs
into pretzels. There's a move
where you rock back and forth on your
crossed legs, and at some precipitous moment
you're expected to be able to rock right onto
your feet. Uh huh. I don't think I could do that
even when I was lithe as a spring grass.
So tonight instead of a graceful rock forward to standing
I took a flinging catty-wompas lunge backwards.
Oh.
Yowza.
And for this torture I paid cash money.
Go figure.

2 comments:

  1. I have been doing a 15 minute yoga workout, every morning for 20 years. I got it from a little book called "A Morning Cup of Yoga" (available on Ebay) It's not stressful and is a great way to start the day!

    ReplyDelete
  2. You would post this just when my lack of exercise guilt is at its peak...

    I no longer will do physical type stuff with a group. I have my little videotape collection (accumulated over years of attending the yard sales of those who'd truly given up the fat fight) and I resolve every night to get up "early" the next morning and do my routine.

    Tomorrow. Yeah, tomorrow...

    ReplyDelete