Thursday, February 12, 2009

I'm reading Julie Child's My Life in France,
and enjoying it immensely. I generally avoid memoirs,
and bio/autobiographies rarely succeed at capturing
my imagination. But this book was a gift, and, happily,
it whips along with a spirited and often humorous narrative
that has me heading to bed early every evening
for my pre-sleep reading fix. (My prix-fixe reading sleep?!)
Ms. Child (whom I think of as Our Lady of Save the Liver)
charges into the world of French cuisine and culture with
gusto and an intense joie de vivre. More on this later.

2 comments:

  1. Mais, apres Julia, MFK Fischer! Vive la cuisine!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Joannie, I've had MFK Fischer on my shelf for years, but I've only read her chapter on how to scramble eggs: s-l-o-w-l-y. Maybe it's time to pick her up again.

    ReplyDelete